AmazonSmile: Ever heard of it? Notice I didn’t ask you if you’ve ever heard or Amazon, and I didn’t even ask if you shop on Amazon for that matter. Chances are quite high that you do. Because I love the efficiency of using Amazon, I’m even a PrimeNow shopper. And now I’m also a fan of AmazonSmile!
Chances are you’re in one of two groups of people when it comes to AmazonSmile: One category has never heard of it, and the other group has heard of it but figures it’s difficult to set up.
I have great news for you! There’s a very simple setup and you can order many of the items you currently order from Amazon. The fun part is you can also give to your favorite charity or organization in the process.
What did she say?
You heard me correctly. 🙂
So what’s the difference between the usual Amazon shopping you do and AmazonSmile shopping? When you shop on AmazonSmile, their foundation donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization you choose.
Here’s my AmazonSmile page header: Mercy Road Church is my charitable organization.
You know what’s fun? When you login, you can see how much your purchases have contributed to the organization you choose to support!
The beauty of AmazonSmile is that together you and I can make an impact simply by doing something we already do often: shop on Amazon.Click To Tweet
Here’s a few tips to keep in mind:
1. If you have a Prime membership, it works just the same.
2. Subscribe & Save purchases do not contribute towards your AmazonSmile account.
3. You do not receive a tax deduction when you shop with AmazonSmile because their foundation gives on your behalf when you purchase qualifying items.
4. The full Amazon.com shopping experience is the same at AmazonSmile and most items are available for purchase.
5. Sign in at http://smile.amazon.com and choose your charity in the charity search bar.
6. Checkout at AmazonSmile is exactly the same at on Amazon.com. No extra costs are passed along to you, but Amazon donates the 0.5% of your purchase to Mercy Road Church or whomever you select as the recipient.
7. I do most of my Amazon shopping on my mobile phone, so I opted to save the website to my home screen during the Christmas shopping season so I go there first to make my orders.
Here’s my favorite thing to do when it comes to AmazonSmile shopping for Christmas:
Take your Christmas budget (gifts + decorations + cards + any other items) and multiply it by 0.05%. The total is what Amazon is going to deposit into your favorite non-profit organization’s account just for buying things you’d already planned to buy.
Most of all, I don’t want you to miss the secret here, friend: If you start this today, your purchases won’t just benefit your favorite charity this Christmas, but you can give a little extra all year long!
Enjoy giving back even more this Christmas!